PLEASE NOTE: Northwest Florida State College will be closed December 18, 2013 - January 1, 2014. All voicemails, emails, and application submissions will be responded to at that time.
(Temporary Full-time Grant Position – Contingent upon Availability of Funds)
Position Number: GR-084
Entry Level Salary: $25,000.00 - $40,000.00 (The College typically hires at the entry level.)
Location: South Walton Campus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance’s (CBA) Fund Development Plan for its programs, memberships, sponsorships and special events to include concept development, writing, production, price negotiation, and distribution and placement of materials.
- Coordinate with CBA Advisory Committee on long-term funding strategies and assist in developing these strategies (i.e. endowment campaign, signature events, etc.).
- Develop and manage CBA membership and sponsorship numbers that provide goals for annual growth through recruitment and retention and upgrading renewals.
- Maintain an active liaison relationship with all area media. Coordinate with internal and external media community partners to provide leadership to effectively promote CBA programs, services, and events.
- Handle ensuing media inquiries and requests to arrange interviews. Write, edit, prepare, and coordinate the customized distribution of CBA news releases and publications, including but not limited to, feature articles, catalogs, magazines, brochures, and the website.
- Serve as the Editor, with responsibility for content, layout and design of the tri-annual CBA newsletter The Alliance. Create public service announcements and other media material for all CBA programs and activities (i.e. Education, Restoration, Monitoring and Research).
- Be proficient with use of social media including web site, Facebook, Constant Contact, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. for CBA.
- Maintain presence in the community by attending chamber meetings for Walton County, Niceville, Fort Walton Beach and Destin.
- Maintain a working relationship with Okaloosa and Walton County Schools, Tourist Development Councils and other community organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an AA degree and 2 years’ experience in Fund Development and Marketing required.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in Fund Development.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of social media, mass media practices, and advertising markets.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style guidelines. General knowledge of printing process.
- Work experience in event marketing and promotions preferred.
- Previous work experience in an office environment preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (working knowledge of Word and Excel).
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner with the general public.
- Must be able to work as a team member and show a capacity for professional growth and development.
How To Apply:
Please provide a complete application package that includes all of the following:
- NWF State College Application
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position
First Review Deadline: December 13, 2013. Applications received after December 13, 2013 may be considered at the discretion of the Search Committee. Position is open until filled.
This position is contingent upon Board approval and funding. A NWFSC application is required and may be obtained from our website, www.nwfsc.edu/HR, or from Human Resources, Northwest Florida State College, 100 College Blvd., Niceville, FL 32578 (Tel. #850-729-5365). NWFSC offers an excellent fringe benefit package. If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources prior to the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Director. NWFSC prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, genetic information, or gender in any of its programs, services, or activities. NWFSC is a Drug Free Workplace. (Florida Relay Access - 711)